Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Light

A mother’s love is something beautiful, strong, dear, and extraordinarily complex.  A mother’s love is something unique, but also so very hard to define.  I tried once.  I found what I came up with to be beautiful, deep and full of meaning, yet still empty of choice words because, in my opinion, I’m not sure those words even exist.  I will include my attempt at defining my love in poem form below.  I wrote it a couple years ago and titled it “My Undetermined Angels”.  Below that, I will include a song by “Plumb” called “In My Arms” which helps in further defining the intricacy that is motherhood. 

To mother’s everywhere who love like I love, I hope this touches your heart.



"MY UNDETERMINED ANGELS"

There is nothing in this world that could compare to the way my kids make me feel. It is not comprehensible. It is a love so deep that my earthly thoughts cannot wrap themselves around. It would take a great power unknown to mankind to define something so beautiful. Yet, somehow I know that if it were defined, my love for them would still exceed the glory of that one word. The love I have for my kids will truly always be a question. Not for the sake of knowing if I do or if I do not love, but simply just for the one fact that a love like mine merely is left without definition.

~  Me









END.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post in every way! The poem, the song... beautiful! Thanks, Harms. Happy Mother's Day = )

    ReplyDelete